Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A day of surfing the web

Today, I thinking of making a program using visual basic 2008 that able to show computer status like CPU usage, ram usage, temperature, hard disk and etc...

In temperature part, I faced some problems. 


Dim searcher As New ManagementObjectSearcher("root\WMI", "SELECT * FROM MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature")
For Each queryObj As ManagementObject In searcher.Get
Dim temperature As String = CObj(queryObj("CurrentTemperature"))
temperature = (temperature - 2732) / 10.0
MsgBox("CPU TEMPERATURE:" & temperature.ToString)
Next

The problem that I faced is when I try to get the CPU temperature, I getting lesser than how it should be. I getting only 42 and 38 for my core 2 duo processor but my actual temperature from Notebook Hardware Control 2.0 is around 69 for both processors. 

May be there is solution for this problem. I hope for those who knows how to solve this problem, please guide me. I had been surfing the web for this problem the whole day and still can't get the solution. 

For those who want to have more tutorials on Visual Basic 2008, my another blog is actually actively providing the tutorials. 

Click here to go to the tutorials.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment